**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Heinkel He-51 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I got in about another hour tonight after the festivities.The white card I pre-made with the holes for the four brass rods to to go through this helps in leveling/angle I hope not my idea saw on a build for another bi-plane looked useful esp. for a CA Kit.The wheel struts is another frigg'en eyeball approach I have a feeling she will not be level :dontknow: But that's it for the day time to soak the shoulder in hot shower. ;)

gb36 004.JPG
gb36 005.JPG

Looks pretty level from the left side of Canada, bottles being the same size and the gear seams to be the same distance from the table top. A quick measure with some sort of measuring thang should tells ya

Looks pretty level from the left side of Canada, bottles being the same size and the gear seams to be the same distance from the table top. A quick measure with some sort of measuring thang should tells ya

Yea once the legs set up over night I will give the wing tips a measure.I used regular glue just in case I had to reset Geo.The V in the card is not the center the T is closer when I looked at the second pic and the tailplanes to the struts I went Hun...I am not that far off has to be the angle of the shot again regular glue just in case.

The plane was not quite level 1/32" you could tell so instead of sanding I added a piece of stock .015" to the right strut got it really close.The upper center wing struts were off a little also even after adjusting I still had to adjust some more to the left but that little jig was a life saver.I then laid the decals did not want to fool with all that after the rigging but the tailplanes still need rigging this will be last.
gb36 001.JPG
gb36 002.JPG
gb36 003.JPG
gb36 004.JPG

I used some .010" guitar wire for stabilizer rods on the rigging one in each wing and four in the wheel strut rigging,door attached,touch-ups paint and the tail was rigged tonight.I will have some pics tomorrow hopefully After putting down a wood floor in the spare bedroom for Momma which I had to paint Today o_O I tell you guys all a man has to do is start looking healthy and a woman will put your arse to work :)

Pics ......No work today.

gb36 004.JPG
gb36 006.JPG
gb36 007.JPG

What I had to do today ............

gb36 001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back