**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Macchi C.205 ( 2 ) - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It does Andy and hopefully the rest will be okay. This is where the two treads separate, the difference being that the other aircraft has MGs and this one has canons. Wing parts with the 2 canons (forgetting to include engine mounts)...

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

The MGs need to be removed and I've just barely opened the holes to receive the canons. I'm also going to have to fill in the circular panel lines but that will be a later date. Camp bus in 45 minutes, have a good week gentlemen........

IMG_0024.JPG

Thanks guys. First three days were a mess, temperatures were between -2°C - 0 which meant the haul trucks pounded the road crush into the ground as fast as I could bring it to the surface. Got the MGs removed, corresponding circular panel(?) lines filled and sanded and the two panel lines on either side rescribed.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG

Get these together and then figure out why there is such a tight fit with the wheel well/wing/fuselage fit.

I chose to attach the lower wing first, there was a lot of flex at the wing roots when I test fit the entire wing assembly. The fit at the underneath at the rear of the wing/fuselage join is almost seamless, a first for me.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Thanks guys. In between modelling I've been assembling grandkid Ezra's table top race track; 8 million pieces, all assembly required including the screws it seems. Once I had the center piece screwed on a bad feeling came over me: a quick check with the dimensions showed it would not fit through any door in my house once assembled so everything was moved into the room now designated "The Freakin" Room This Thing Will Spend the Rest of Its Freakin Life In" room.

upload_2017-12-22_9-20-26.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back