GB-60 1/32 P-40B AVG - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Raining today perfect for the wife and me to stay in working on our own projects.
First photo is scaled to 1/32nd from a blueprint, in mm. Turned out okay methinks.
Second, I cut off barrels from kit guns and left a stub, filed that down smooth,
then made a dimple with a sharp point for center. After gun was glued in I drilled
a 0.5mm pilot hole using the opening of the wing as a guide. Then an 0.8mm for
the Brass barrel. I will CA them in after wing paint goes on.
1-32 P-40b_22.jpg1-32 P-40b_23.jpg1-32 P-40b_24.jpg
I have a set of these Icky Sticky carbide drills
as the are in .1mm increments, .3 to 1.2mm.
I did have to run the .9mm from both ends
of the outer gun barrel tube, the insert was tight!
1-32 P-40b_21.jpg

So like That F6F in 1/24th scale this has a nicely detailed engine, so why is it all covered up??? I'm creating a solution for that!!!
Chop chopping away. I had to go out and find a piece of 1.3mm O.D. brass tubing as even the after market gun barrels are too short
to be shown with cowlings off since they extend from the prop spinner all the way back thru the firewall!!!!
So far!
I also added scratch filler caps from a punched dots.
1-32 P-40b_25.jpg

Last bit for the day. The worst mating surface in the kit. I'm kinda enjoying this build. I'm finding it Okay overall.
Second photo, how I sometimes use my Granny Clamps, just enough pressure!
Last fitting for the Long Rifles. Just need to stick the IP on and the gun hardware.
Long way before I buttoner up tho.

1-32 P-40b_26.jpg1-32 P-40b_27.jpg1-32 P-40b_28.jpg1-32 P-40b_29.jpg

Like the fuel caps, were they part of the kit, if not how did you make them with such detail. :thumbright: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back