GB-60 1/72 Dornier Do-26 - Zombie Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well finally the fuselage is closed up. It was very warped. I managed to use my heat gun to get the halves to meet but I got it a little too hot in some spots and the plastic slumped. Add more filler, putty, bondo, mud etc. At this point I'm going to withdraw this from the group build as there is no way to complete it in time even with an extension. Plus I think I will mothball it for a while. Work on something new simple and less brain pain ! I knew this kit would be a challenge but wow !

Do26 (57)r.jpg

Do26 (58)r.jpg

Well I'm still picking away at this built only in a much more back burner style mode. I can't mothball it. I am surrounded by mothballed projects as it is ! I hate not completing things ! So as it goes, the masterful 5 piece 3 bladed props usually molded in one piece. I mad a little cardboard jig to set the blades up symmetrical. They do not fit well into the spinners and I'm sure after all the cleaning up they are smaller to scale but I'm going with it !

Do26 (60)r.jpg

Do26 (64)r.jpg

Messing up, 4 halve engine nacelles. Two labelled "A" two labelled "B". I glued A to A and B to B. Nothing in the one sheet instructions. Looking now at the orientation of the nacelles on the wing I think this is where I screwed up maybe ? At any rate it's fixable, just more fiddling around on this seemingly never ending kit ! Note: Wings are not attached yet, just placed. I needed this piece of wood to hold the wings level

Do26 (65)r.jpg

Do26 (66)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back