GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IX - Spitfires (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I'm up to my old tricks again.
Cutting the side away to expose the V12!
GB62-09.jpg
Then I fit the wings and to my Surprise!!!!!
WTA%? Gaps? What GAPS!!!!!!!!!!!
GB62-10.jpg

Also!!!!!!
It was easier to instal the DB6 into the Spitfire, (Messerspit), than getting This ones firewall with engine attached into its own fuselage!!!!!!!

So now I am in the Ficksing mode!
First is Raising the fuselage portion
to be Flush with the top surface
of the wing. Filling will be required.
GB62-11.jpg
I then had to Open the gap even more
to fit some styrene in the slot, and
more filling will be required to get the
surfaces even. I think I will lay off this
one for a couple of days to clear me noggin!
GB62-12.jpg

This is the ICM Spitfire so no wonder you got the difference at the wing root leading edge. According to the drawings the model wing has slightly too large chord at about 1,5mm. IMHO it would be better to move the fuselage more forward to get the correct shape at the area. The getting shape with a putty and sanding at the trailing edge are much easier. But looking good and it shouldn't be difficult to fix that.

:thumbright: :thumbleft:

When moved forward it looks like ...

icm spit.jpg

the pic source: International Scale Modeller

Just wondering. Your 'intro' indicates build status as Advanced???. Is that a statement of you considering yourself 'better than' or 'not quite'?? Of course you may be just referring to your age!!:rolleyes:

Looking forward to the progress, always a twist here and there.

Brings back memories...
Sorry about doing that to you! :woot:
Just wondering. Your 'intro' indicates build status as Advanced???. Is that a statement of you considering yourself 'better than' or 'not quite'?? Of course you may be just referring to your age!!:rolleyes:

Looking forward to the progress, always a twist here and there.
Age, ability to See and keep hands and fingers under control...... etc etc! đź’©

So you see, this is why this got posted here!!!!
Followed by ridicule!!!!!
Stinky 6.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back