What I mean is that the AR-234 was painted with RLM 65 paint, not white washable paint.
In the book "ARADO Ar 234 BOMBER AND INTELLIGENCE UNITS Robert Forsyth
and Nick Beale
"illustrated with f1+TH painted in RLM 65 (like winter spots)
(Typing mistake: it is F1+HT)

You are asking endless questions about many different Ar 234 aircraft but what is the purpose? Do you want to know about a particular machine or about the whole story of the type?

If you have the Forsyth/Beale book, then you have a short and inexpensive overview of the Ar 234's history and operational service. You can find far greater detail and hundreds of photos in J.R. Smith and E.J. Creek "Arado Ar 234 Blitz, The World's First Jet Bomber". If you want an operational history of the Ar 234 as a bomber then there is Eddie Creek and Robert Forsyth's "Blitz Bombers, Kampfgeschwader 76 and the Arado Ar 234". On my own web pages you will find detailed accounts of the Arado 234's reconnaissance service, including the times and targets of many of the missions it flew from bases in Norway, Denmark, Germany and Italy.

Last edited:
I ask these questions because I paint historical camouflages on the ar-234 3D model.

The RLM 65 marking of a colour doesn't mean the kind of the paint but its tinge. So it could have been either the one used earlier for the undersides or any of this shade. All depended on what they had at that moment.
Do you happen to know if anything was replaced with the ar-234 F1+HT?

Do you mean the F1+HT was a replacement for another and destroyed Ar 234 or whether there were replaced parts of the plane? For instance the engines ... etc

By the way, who flew the F1+TH plane?

The plane was moved from Leck to Sola by Lt. Frank. The Ar 234 seems to be one of the latest aircraft made and I doubt it was used operational fully. Being delivered to the II./KG76 in February 1945 was transferred to the III./KG76 in the mid of the April. At the end of the month she got the test flight in Kaltenkirchen and then was sent to Leck at the beginning of the May. On the 5th May 1945 she was flown to the Sola where she was captured by the Brits 5 days later.

Captured by the British? Is there a photograph taken by the British?

Media information

Category
Unsorted
Added by
Administrator
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media