Roelf

Caproni Ca.133

The Caproni Ca.133 was designed as a three-engine colonial bomber and transport and was first flown in 1935. Many hundreds were built and when Italy entered the war in 1940 the Ca.133 equipped 14 Squadriglie di Bombardimento Terresti (bomber squadrons), nearly all in East or North Africa. In the 1930s these versatile machines gave exellent service, but by 1940 they were totally outclassed. Their crews called them Vacca (cow) or Caprona (she-goat), which was a play on the name of the manufacturer. Source: Info: Fighting Aircraft of World War II - Salamander Books Profile: Wings Palette - http://wp.scn.ru/en/

Caproni Ca.133
Roelf, Jan 2, 2010
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Profiles
    Uploaded By:
    Roelf
    Date:
    Jan 2, 2010
    View Count:
    4,345
    Comment Count:
    0