Second R.II (R 16/16) was completed in February 1918, the flight characteristics of the machine have been disappointing, and in April, changes were proposed to improve it. These included the light wings of the increased size removal nosovoyh landing gear and main landing gear resettlement by 80 cm forward. Should be strengthened fuselage was to be determined by a static test of the completed pieces. Not all of these changes have been made, however, the proposal was made &#8203;&#8203;to install a supercharger. In the final part of the report stated that "only after a full flight test with R.16 remaining four aircraft will be completed." May 21, 1918 R.16 flew from Lindenthal in Grosschoher installation propelled 120-hp Mercedes D.II blower Brown-Boveri. Ground tests were conducted boost without a hitch, and the first test flight of R.16 supercharged on 22 July 1918.