patg013
johnbr

patg013

ON DESTROYED BERLIN....

After a visit to ruined Berlin, he wrote his wife on July 21, 1945: "Berlin gave me the blues. We have destroyed what could have been a good race, and we are about to replace them with Mongolian savages. And all Europe will be communist. It's said that for the first week after they took it (Berlin), all women who ran were shot and those who did not were raped. I could have taken it (instead of the Soviets) had I been allowed."

----------------

"It is my present thought . . . that when I finish this job, which will be around the first of the year, I shall resign, not retire, because if I retire I will still have a gag in my mouth . . . I should not start a limited counterattack, which would be contrary to my military theories, but should wait until I can start an all- out offensive . . . ."

The one honor which is mine and mine alone is that of having commanded such an uncompromisible group of Americans the record of whose fortitude, audacity, and valor will endure as long as history lasts.
General George S. Patton, Jr. - 9 May 1945

He was larger than life, a flamboyant, charismatic and controversial personality. Throughout his military career, General George S. Patton, Jr. dared great deeds, and inspired the troops serving under his command to achieve far beyond even their own expectations. He was the quintessential warrior, patriot, and a brilliant military scholar. His speeches were legendary and often inspired the troops who served under his command. In the words of his biographer, George S. Patton, Jr. had "a genius for war."

America Remembers is proud to offer a tribute to the accomplishments and indomitable spirit of this outstanding American leader. Here is a working Colt .45 ACP pistol, with the solid, hand-filling heft that veterans will remember. The concept and design of the Tribute has been officially authorized by the Family of George S. Patton, Jr.

Depicted on the right side of the slide is a scene from the Battle of the Bulge, featuring tanks and troops moving through the snow toward Bastogne. There is also a depiction of General Patton, standing in his Jeep, addressing his troops. At the rear of the slide, on both sides, are the stars of the Lieutenant General and General ranks.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
American
Added by
johnbr
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media