SS_3061
johnbr

SS_3061

Escape from the Tang (SS-306). Sunk by her own and last torpedo-final shot in an epic convoy battle-the ill fated submarine lies deep in Formosa Strait. As depth charges rain down, submariners open escape hatches. Strongest goes first with knife to cut away obstacles."

In Memorium:

In the Second Book of Shmuel (Samuel), 22nd chapter, 5th through the 20th verses, translated from the original in Hebrew and published by the Koren Publishers of Jerusalem, Israel, 1982, can perhaps aptly describe the fate of the crew and all other U.S. submariners who died defending their county:

"When the waves of death compassed me / the floods of ungodly men made me afraid; / the bonds of She'ol encircled me; / the snares of death took me by surprise; / in my distress I called upon the Lord, / and cried to my G-D: / and he heard my voice out of his temple, / and my cry entered into his ears. / Then the earth shook and trembled; /the foundations of heaven moved / and shook because of his anger /...the heavy mass of waters, and thick clouds of the skies /... And the channels of the sea appeared, / the foundations of the world were laid bare, / at the rebuking of the Lord, at the blast at the breath of his nostrils. / He sent from above, he took me; / he drew me out of many waters; / he delivered me from my strong enemy, and from those who hated me; for they were too strong for me. / They surprised me in the day of my calamity: / but the Lord was my stay..."
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Ship Painting
Added by
johnbr
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media