1/32 Bf109G-6/AS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Moose

Airman
Feb 6, 2023
There may not be a good answer, but here goes:
What's the best 1/32 Bf109 kit to make a reasonable facsimile of a G-6/AS, without buying conversion parts? Or is that just wishful thinking?
Thanks.

Revell G-6 is the only one I'm familiar with.

Revell
Trumpeter
Hasegawa

As for accuracy I like the Revell but not 100% on accuracy, Trumpeter is questionable but probably not way off and Hasegawa well you know they should be not to bad.

Last edited:
Revell G-6 is the only one I'm familiar with.

Revell
Trumpeter
Hasegawa

As for accuracy I like the Revell but not 100% on accuracy, Trumpeter is questionable but probably not way off and Hasegawa well you know they should be not to bad.

Yeah, I know about those G-6 models
Thank you. Yes, I'm aware of the G-6 Models, but the G-6/AS looks more like a G-10, G-10 Erla, or G-14, (tail, canopy, engine cowling). I was wondering which kit of those aircraft would be best to make a G-6/AS from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it is quite difficult which kit could be used as the base for creating the G-6/AS kite without buying conversion parts. There were G-6/AS with low tail or with the taller one either the metal or wooden ones. Also the engine cowling could be of a slightly different shape. Anyway, a pic of a quite good quality would be useful for a such work.
If I would make models of 1:32 scale I used the Hasegawa 08198 Messerschmitt Bf109G-14/AS 'JG300' kit as the first on the list or the Trumpeter 02298 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10 as the second one.
Same time ago I found the diagram via the net ...

the pic source: the net.

Appreciate your input, and diagram. I'm actually giving myself the Trumpeter kit for Christmas, along with a different set of decals. That kit a (Bf109G-10/U4 from the WNF factory) has the larger tires, thus larger bumps on top the wings. I'm thinking maybe the Hasegawa G-14 would be the way to go. I'd like to paint it in the scheme of Oesau's green 13 aircraft.
Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
It shouldn't be too difficult to make the conversion using the G-10. Just pay your attention to the tail wheel leg, the rudder and fin shape. Also the radiator fairing and the wheels of the main landing gear.

Users who are viewing this thread