1/32 Bf109G-6/AS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Moose

Airman
Feb 6, 2023
There may not be a good answer, but here goes:
What's the best 1/32 Bf109 kit to make a reasonable facsimile of a G-6/AS, without buying conversion parts? Or is that just wishful thinking?
Thanks.

Revell G-6 is the only one I'm familiar with.

Revell
Trumpeter
Hasegawa

As for accuracy I like the Revell but not 100% on accuracy, Trumpeter is questionable but probably not way off and Hasegawa well you know they should be not to bad.

Last edited:
Revell G-6 is the only one I'm familiar with.

Revell
Trumpeter
Hasegawa

As for accuracy I like the Revell but not 100% on accuracy, Trumpeter is questionable but probably not way off and Hasegawa well you know they should be not to bad.

Yeah, I know about those G-6 models
Thank you. Yes, I'm aware of the G-6 Models, but the G-6/AS looks more like a G-10, G-10 Erla, or G-14, (tail, canopy, engine cowling). I was wondering which kit of those aircraft would be best to make a G-6/AS from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it is quite difficult which kit could be used as the base for creating the G-6/AS kite without buying conversion parts. There were G-6/AS with low tail or with the taller one either the metal or wooden ones. Also the engine cowling could be of a slightly different shape. Anyway, a pic of a quite good quality would be useful for a such work.
If I would make models of 1:32 scale I used the Hasegawa 08198 Messerschmitt Bf109G-14/AS 'JG300' kit as the first on the list or the Trumpeter 02298 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10 as the second one.
Same time ago I found the diagram via the net ...

G6AS.jpg

the pic source: the net.

Actually it is quite difficult which kit could be used as the base for creating the G-6/AS kite without buying conversion parts. There were G-6/AS with low tail or with the taller one either the metal or wooden ones. Also the engine cowling could be of a slightly different shape. Anyway, a pic of a quite good quality would be useful for a such work.
If I would make models of 1:32 scale I used the Hasegawa 08198 Messerschmitt Bf109G-14/AS 'JG300' kit as the first on the list or the Trumpeter 02298 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10 as the second one.
Same time ago I found the diagram via the net ...

View attachment 749476
the pic source: the net.

Appreciate your input, and diagram. I'm actually giving myself the Trumpeter kit for Christmas, along with a different set of decals. That kit a (Bf109G-10/U4 from the WNF factory) has the larger tires, thus larger bumps on top the wings. I'm thinking maybe the Hasegawa G-14 would be the way to go. I'd like to paint it in the scheme of Oesau's green 13 aircraft.
Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
It shouldn't be too difficult to make the conversion using the G-10. Just pay your attention to the tail wheel leg, the rudder and fin shape. Also the radiator fairing and the wheels of the main landing gear.

G-6/AS has the G-10 supercharger intake, deeper oil cooler and T1 rudder....Walter Oesau G-6/AS being W.Nr. 20 601....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back