1/72 P-47B "Double Twister"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TheRealMrEd

Airman 1st Class
Aug 2, 2017
Hello, as promised over on the build thread HERE

I am posting a few more pictures of this odd P-47B variant, the "Double Twister":

2v2eZRgKCxfzdhW.jpg

2v2eZRgpgxfzdhW.jpg

2v2eZRgc4xfzdhW.jpg

2v2eZRgfTxfzdhW.jpg

2v2eZRg6hxfzdhW.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ed

I've never understood the purpose of counter rotating props. Is it to counter balance the effect of engine torque or just to grab more air? I'm kind of new here but I've been a model builder since I was 7-8. Currently 67.

I've never understood the purpose of counter rotating props. Is it to counter balance the effect of engine torque or just to grab more air? I'm kind of new here but I've been a model builder since I was 7-8. Currently 67.
Mainly to eliminate torque though an extra blade can be helpful. They were difficult to get working reliably under high G maneuvers.

I love the P-47 razorback of any configuration, tho I'm not big on the yellow color. That said, you've done a great job here.

Also, they were trying in various ways to harness and transmit all the power of the newer, large radial engines. You can only swing so large a prop without hitting the ground. The bent=wing F4U Corsair was another approach, which actually turned out great, because having the wings attach straight into the fuselage, without a large wing fairing, helped reduce drag, as well as added speed...

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back