1940 Spitfire Mk.I/II of the RCAF

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sgt. Pappy

Airman 1st Class
Jun 7, 2006
I feel like an idiot asking for pictures of RCAF Battle of Britain Spitfire Mk.Ia's and IIa's, but I simply cannot find any pics on the web. Can anyone help? thanks!

Wich sq flew spitfires?.

RAF's 242 "Canadian" flew hurricanes and RCAF's No. 1 Squadron i believe also did.

"
By far the largest number of defenders were British, but fighter pilots of many other nations flew with them, including some 80 Canadians. Of these, 26 were in the RCAF's No. 1 Squadron, which arrived soon after Dunkirk; 16 flew as a team in the RAF's 242 "Canadian" Squadron; the rest were scattered among a dozen other RAF squadrons. These last included men such as PO. Johnnie Bryson, an ex-Mountie; Flt. Lt. Johnnie Kent of Winnipeg, who flew with the Poles in 303 Squadron; and FO. W. H. Nelson, who served in 74 Squadron with the South African ace Adolph "Sailor" Malan. Another 200 Canadian airmen fought in RAF Bomber and Coastal commands, which throughout the battle pounded at German invasion ports and other targets; 27 of them gave their lives.:

RCAF.com : Archives : The Battle of Britain : The Canadians

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back