1945 2 blade ground adjustable need help identifying prop (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jaredbirmingham

Recruit
Apr 1, 2016
I have a steel adjustable pitch propeller I need help identifying it is 90.5in tip to tip has 1945 contract number aro-serial no. 12824 stamped on it any info/ help is appreciated also any idea on value

Also it has squared off tips

Attachments

• IMG9516571.jpg
    IMG9516571.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG9516581.jpg
    IMG9516581.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Don't think it's a Hamilton Std prop and I think the tips have been broken off, rather than squared off. It looks like a beat up McCauley 41D5926 prop, which was used on Boeing Stearman training aircraft. It's hard to tell from the pics.

Don't think it's a Hamilton Std prop and I think the tips have been broken off, rather than squared off. It looks like a beat up McCauley 41D5926 prop, which was used on Boeing Stearman training aircraft. It's hard to tell from the pics.
You may be right. McCauley was my second choice as Hamilton Standard also made that type. Either way I couldn't help but notice that the tip was a little chewed up. I can remember seeing props of that design on wind machines around orange orchards some years ago.

You may be right. McCauley was my second choice as Hamilton Standard also made that type. Either way I couldn't help but notice that the tip was a little chewed up. I can remember seeing props of that design on wind machines around orange orchards some years ago.

The ends don't look broken off on side was in the dirt and rusted. I'll try and take better pictures this weekend off the tips and all the numbers on it. Doesnt ARO stand for army research office? Also any idea on value with out knowing where it came from

Not looking to sell or trade. I want to know a value so I don't over pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back