A request for any Russian historians who have access to Soviet aircraft loss records

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CHen10

Airman
Nov 3, 2023
I am researching Hungarian aces of ww2 and while I have books like Forgotten Heroes and Verified Victories JG52 over Hungary, nobody seems to be able to confirm the victories of László Molnár when he was at Kalinovka and Vinniytsia in January and February 1944. The Soviet aircraft losses over Kovel on April 1 1944 and losses at Sanok/Krosno on September 12 and 13 1944 are enigmatic too. This is of course a big ask since I am asking someone in Russia to gain access to the losses in the TsAMO, so I understand if people are unable to do it. If someone would be willing to do this then I would be eternally grateful.

C10

"Hungarian Aces of World War 2" shows that he shot down three Il-2s and an La-5 on Jan. 08 '44 over Sugatsova. The next three, end of 1/44 and beginning of 2/44 are just "?" and then his score picks up in June '44

"Hungarian Aces of World War 2" shows that he shot down three Il-2s and an La-5 on Jan. 08 '44 over Sugatsova. The next three, end of 1/44 and beginning of 2/44 are just "?" and then his score picks up in June '44
I have "Forgotten Heroes" by Csaba B Stenge and it states:

5 January 1944 - IL-2 - Sosovo Vahnovka East
5 January 1944 - La-5 - Sosovo Vahnovka East
9 January 1944 - IL-2 - Kalinovka
9 January 1944 - Soviet fighter - Kalinovka
15 January 1944 - Soviet single engine
15 January 1944 - Soviet single engine
25 January 1944 - Soviet single engine
25 January 1944 - Soviet single engine
25 January 1944 at 15:05 - La-5 - Beresovka East 3km
16 February 1944 - IL-2

(Those victories you mentioned on 8 January were most likely on 5 January btw) I want to find out the Soviet losses on these dates and places so I can identify which regiment the Soviet aircraft belonged to (eg. which IAP/GIAP/ShAP), who the pilots were, the variant of the aircraft, location and time. This will also help to confirm if there are any overclaims or not.

I just had an idea but a historian called Nikita Egorov was able to identify the La-5 at 15:05 on 25 January 1944. I was wondering if anyone has the ability to contact him and since I'm sure he wouldn't want his email in the public view, maybe someone could send me a private message with his contact? Of course this is a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back