Airborne2001
Airman 1st Class
- 176
- Jun 17, 2024
As cool as a six engine Sunderland would be, this sucks.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules
As cool as a six engine Sunderland would be, this sucks.
Great idea to make some substantial additions to the RAC (Red Arrow Conspiracy), Geo! Kudos!I went back and had a relook at this 6-bladed wonder as there was something off-putting about it and then it hit me......no red arrows
![]()
It's like the million monkeys with typewriters theory.
As cool as a six engine Sunderland would be, this sucks.
So, this is supposed to be Short's version of the BV238, then?
Bro. The almost Cold War turboprop looking engines and the almost literaly duck bill nose. This is wild.
That image is surprisingly close to the actual Me163S trainer (converted A and B prototypes).And so it goes on... In fact this one is nowhere near as bad as some of the other garbage I've seen here recently.
View attachment 884794
Horses for courses I guess: I thought it was idiotic.That image is surprisingly close to the actual Me163S trainer (converted A and B prototypes).
If they were trying for the A series Hs129, I'd almost give them a "nice try" award:
Obvious source image:And so it goes on... In fact this one is nowhere near as bad as some of the other garbage I've seen here recently.
View attachment 884794
The Japanese had similar plans for the M8XY, but time ran out before they could be built.
Agreed. The back-seater must be sitting on the rocket motor ........ not a job I'd want .... lolThe interesting thing about the Me163S' second canopy, is that it came from the Me309/Me262.
The second cockpit makes it look completely odd-ball, but then again, the Spitfire twin cockpit trainer wasn't going to win any beauty contests either...
The Me163S was unpowered.Agreed. The back-seater must be sitting on the rocket motor ........ not a job I'd want .... lol
So .... the 'S' in Me163S was for 'Slow'? (I know, I know, in German it would be 'Me163L, for langsam...)The Me163S was unpowered.
Could be Schneckengeschwindigkeit - snail's pace.So .... the 'S' in Me163S was for 'Slow'? (I know, I know, in German it would be 'Me163L, for langsam...)