Airbrush help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It looks good for me.But if you really need an airbrush you should remeber that it's nothing comparing to a compressor.This is a basic tool for painting.If you have already had that one you can look around for an airbrush.It is really very difficult to choose one from many offers.My experience say that it should be a quite easy one to operate, especially if it can be the first one.I think the airbrush should be made of metal.I know these ones made of plastic are cheapper but those metal ones are much more reliable and easier to clean up.For beginning an airbrush with the nozzle of 0.3mm in diamater is enough but if you want you can also get the one with the nozzle of 0.2mm.I can suggest the MAR Aerograf Profi 1004 double action series of airbrushes that are available with the different nozzles.Of course it's up to money only what kind of an airbrush you can afford.These above are fo 130-200PLN what is about 42-65 US dollars for tody.

Attachments

• mar1004-03.jpg
    mar1004-03.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 71
  • MAR 1004-02.jpg
    MAR 1004-02.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 98
Thanks a lot, Wojtek! and yes, money definitely decides on what airbrush to buy xD

now about those enamels...

yea, that's what the book said. said to thin it to the consistency pf milk. but I wanted to get some advice from experienced modellers. heh.

Usually the 50/50 percent diluting is enough.But the final effect depends on the air pressure of the compressor.For instance Humbrol enamels are thicker than those acrylic ones and the pressure should be a little bit bigger.So the test is always needed before you start painting.

What the book are you talking about?

OK Robert.Have you changed your e-mail address or not?

no, my email is still the same :) haven't changed my email since I made it in '05

Looking good to me.But I suggest an airbrush of a metal body.It make cleaning easier.What is more it would be nice if there were two nozzles of two different diameters I mean 0.2mm and 0.3-0.5mm for painting bigger surfaces in an airbrush set.

He he he our posts crisse-crossed. The set looks very good.I have a similar one.If I were you I would buy it.But also you can try to find something cheaper.

I'm with Wurger on that! For that price, you can't go wrong. If the airbrush itself is what it looks, it alone would be about £60 to £70. If you miss out on this, or want to look at other options, have a look at Model Hobbies, who do a good range of reasonably priced compressors etc, or, the same stuff, direct from Mantua Models, both in the UK. This is where I got mine from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back