Aircraft Call Letter - 313th Fighter Squadron, 50th Fighter Group

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ssr481

Recruit
Dec 28, 2020
A shot in the dark, but figured I'd try. I am researching the aircraft - a P-47D-22-RE Thunderbolt s/n 42-25986, flown by Lt. Forrest Chilton III on 21 June 1944, when he disappeared over the Channel coming back from a raid on St. Quentin.. he took anti-aircraft fire over the target and lost oil pressure over the Channel where he was forced to bail out and ultimately disappeared.

His younger brother is a neighbour of mine and I'm trying to compile as much information as I can ...

No.. I have a contact at the Archives in College Park and have also reached out to the USAF AFHRA at Maxwell AFB...

Squadron code was "W3", made 6619 only 4 pages. Perhaps acquiring the pilots IDPA(?) Report would give more .

Last edited:
Squadron code was "W3", made 6619 only 4 pages. Perhaps acquiring the pilots IDPA(?) Report would give more .

Already in the works... don't know when I'll get it though. NPRC is shut down and they're only doing emergency requests at the present time. I have 3 of the 4 MACR pages and have a source working on 6619 now. The one page I'm missing is mostly blank, so not a big deal.

Already in the works... don't know when I'll get it though. NPRC is shut down and they're only doing emergency requests at the present time. I have 3 of the 4 MACR pages and have a source working on 6619 now. The one page I'm missing is mostly blank, so not a big deal.

The link I posted above includes four pages, why don't you just download and print a copy from the link?
The "mostly blank" one.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/NARAprodst...301-02400/images/02394_Row0001_Column0012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back