"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Karpenko's words are probably taken from there:
But he did not discuss personnel losses. Only the losses of equipment and further needs.
"...one brigade occupies around 40 kilometers of the fence line. That means that to cover the active combat conflict we need 40 brigades. Every brigade is 100 infantry fighting vehicles, 30 tanks, 54 artillery systems — just for one brigade, and we have 40 of them.
I'm not going to talk about the anti-tank guided missiles or anti-tank guided weapons for now. I'm just talking about heavy weapons. As of today, we have approximately 30 to 40, sometimes up to 50 percent of losses of equipment as a result of active combat. So, we have lost approximately 50 percent. … Approximately 1,300 infantry fighting vehicles have been lost, 400 tanks, 700 artillery systems."

I agree with your statement that militias played a role in suppressing potential slave insurrections. Historically, one of the necessary roles of militias was to suppress internal unrest. But I think your implication about time and state's requirements before ratification is not completely accurate. It seemed to me from your post that you were saying that Southern slave states did not support ratification of the Constitution until there was an amendment that protected the right to keep and bear arms. The problem is that 4 of the 6 Southern states ratified the Constitution without demanding an amendment that resembled the second.

Delaware and Georgia immediately ratified the document unanimously in December of 1787 and neither state proposed any amendments to the Constitution. The next southern state, Maryland, ratified in April 1788 and while its proposed amendments do concern insuring state control over militias, it does not mention a right to arms. In May 1788, South Carolina ratified the Constitution and none of it proposed amendments mentioned militias or the right to arms.

It was not until the Virginia ratification convention (June 1788) did a proposed amendment mention a right to keep and bear arms. North Carolina echoed the same sentiment in their proposed amendments in November 1789. But both states still ratified the document before there was a working draft of the Bill of Rights. Both states probably realized that Madison, being a Virginian, would include such an amendment in a draft of the promised Bill of Rights. This is not to say they did not become defenders of the amendment at some point, but the documents show that for half of the Southern slave states, the issues addressed in the Second Amendment did not factor into their support for ratification.

You have to remember support for the ratification of the U.S. Constitution involved a plethora of issues that were different from state to state. To generalize the process down to one or even a few issues is an oversimplification of a very complex process. I spend a whole semester in graduate school doing an independent study on just the ratification of the Constitution. I'm not mentioning this to say that "I'm an expert" and "you should think as I do" - all I'm saying is that it's complicated. Take care, best wishes.

KYIV, July 14 (Reuters) - Russian missiles struck the Ukrainian city of Vinnytsia far behind the frontlines on Thursday in an attack which Ukrainian officials called a war crime and said had killed at least 20 people, including three children.

The strike, which Ukraine said had been carried out with Kalibr cruise missiles launched from a Russian submarine in the Black Sea, came a day after a breakthrough in talks between Moscow and Kyiv to unblock Ukrainian grain exports and underscored how far the two sides remain from a peace settlement.

[...]

"Cruise missiles hit two community facilities, houses were destroyed, a medical centre was destroyed, cars and trams were on fire."

[...]

Video footage showed thick black smoke billowing out of a tall building, while photographs posted online by the State Emergency Service showed grey smoke rising later from the twisted remains of burnt-out cars and smouldering rubble.

One showed an abandoned, overturned pram lying on the street.

Heart-breaking.

You mean the same missiles the Russians a few weeks ago said they didn't use any more? Those Tochkas?

Uh-huh, yeah. Sure. Ri-i-i-ight.
In 2014, Kremlin propaganda claimed that there were no 9M38 missiles in the Russian air defence inventory. That missile shot down MH17. At the same time, there were dozens of pictures and videos of Russian Buk launchers with 9M38 on marches, parades, etc.

Inside the shop during the missile strike.

It may be ukrainian propaganda, but certainly I didn't read anything about RUAF operations over Ukraine lately

Russians do not fly into Ukrainian airspace

Ignat noted that the Russians have not flown into Ukrainian airspace for 2 and a half months. The enemy has changed its tactics: it operates from the territory of Belarus, Russia, the Black and Caspian Seas. From there, the occupiers launch various types of cruise missiles.

According to the speaker, now the Russians mainly use Soviet-made missiles. There is talk that they are running out of stocks of high-tech missiles, for example, Caliber or Iskander.

Therefore, the invaders use Kh-22, Kh-59, Kh-31 missiles.

Just one more small human tragedy in this hideous conflict. However, it further illustrates the kind of people (and I use that term VERY loosely) that Ukraine is fighting against. They have no respect for human life. No respect for the rule of law. No interest in truth. Even no common decency. The term 'Orc' definitely seems appropriate.

In case you weren't tracking this story, this man was working for a humanitarian organization. He'd heard about a Ukrainian woman trapped behind Russian lines. He was trying to evacuate her but was arrested by Donetsk separatists. He died while imprisoned.

Yes, for over 2 months they limited operations of their manned aircraft to close support near the frontline.
As for the missile stock, it's hard to estimate. Maybe just a temporary shortage of modern ammunition which will be over after production lines go to 3 shifts per day.

Users who are viewing this thread