Altimeter - Barometric Scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bse7entn

Airman
May 29, 2018
blenderartists.org
Greetings,

Does anyone have a photo of what the barometric scale looks like on the inside of an altimeter? Something like AN 5760? I'm not a pilot and I don't know what the low and high for the scale goes to. I found one photo online but it's so small the type is illegible.

Do you mean a such AN 5760 altimeter ?

s-l1600.jpg

Ok.. what is the problem you are trying to get sorted out?

Do you mean the small scale on the right with the number 304 seen above or with the 309/310 seen below?

altimeter.jpg

Sorry for the delay but here is almost ten past 5 o'clock in the morning. I should have hit the sack long time ago.

The barometric scale dial range depends on the measurment unit the altimeter was set and the type of an altimeter. Usually it can be 28.0 to 31.0 in HG or 946 to 1060 in mb or hPa.

The 31" was sort of a "problem" for the FAA when the altimeter hit over 31" one Winter back circa 1990. We got grounded in Nome till the pressure again decreased. The issue was IFR flight without an accurate altimeter setting. Actually not to much of a danger as it was clear everywhere and pressure over 31" would make you high, not low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back