Amelia Earhart’s plane possibly discovered

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Swept wings. Not her plane.

Besides, there are possible finds of her plane at least several times a year.

Swept wings. Not her plane.

Besides, there are possible finds of her plane at least several times a year.
Thats assuming that the plane, whatever it really os, maintained its structural integrity on its way down. If rhe wings buckled when hitting the water, or bent on the way down it *could* look like this. That said, I not hopeful that it is actually her plane.

Thats assuming that the plane, whatever it really os, maintained its structural integrity on its way down. If rhe wings buckled when hitting the water, or bent on the way down it *could* look like this. That said, I not hopeful that it is actually her plane.
Exactly.

Would be nice to put that to rest, but remember ...
the 'man in the moon' seen since recorded time;
the human face on Mars imaged by Viking 1;
the 'Old Man of the Mountain' New Hampshire rock face;
the thousands of holy tortillas fried with the face of Christ;
and most of all, I saw a cloud that looked like a Big Mac, right down to the sesame seeds!

Will be quite a challenge as operating @ 16,000' remote ocean depths is FAR harder than in Earth orbit!

In the long run I suspect this article by The Onion is just about as plausible. :evil4:

Amelia Earhart's Long-Lost Plane Discovered On Auxiliary Runway At LaGuardia

Amelia Earhart's Long-Lost Plane Discovered On Auxiliary Runway At LaGuardia
amelia.png

NEW YORK—Calling the breakthrough a major step forward in the enigmatic case of the aviator's disappearance, experts announced Tuesday they had discovered Amelia Earhart's long-lost Lockheed 10-E Electra plane on an auxiliary runway at LaGuardia Airport. "Based on our analysis, it appears that during Earhart's attempt to circumnavigate the globe, she continued past Howland Island, crossed over the Pacific Ocean, and then landed in Queens, New York," said aeronautics expert Nick Dalton, who reportedly used advanced satellite imagery to find Earhart's twin-engined, all-metal monoplane in a side lot just off LaGuardia's main runway. "It wasn't under a tarp or anything. We'd just never thought to check there. In our defense, there was a Southwest plane parked in front of it blocking the view." Dalton also confirmed that the pilot had pinned a note to her plane's windshield with a forwarding address in the Bronx.

Internet Archive link: Amelia Earhart's Long-Lost Plane Discovered On Auxiliary Runway At LaGuardia

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back