ANM1 .30 cal Ball ammo....

cvairwerks

Staff Sergeant
1,204
1,707
Joined
Mar 20, 2020
Location
North Texas
Looking to see if anyone has, or knows where I can download the specs for both the M1 and M2 ammo for the .30 cal AN-M2 machine gun. I'm stockpiling brass for the restoration and need to figure out a modern substitution for those two rounds. My Fairchild could carry either one for it's guns. I essentially am looking for the correct profile and will simply paint the tips for signifying if it's AP, tracer or standard ammo.
 
.30 cal M1 Ball
63 +0/-1.5 grains jacket
111.5 +0/-1.5 grains slug
174.5 +0/-3 grains total weight
1.33" total length*
7 crh ogive (ie 2.1" radius)
18° included angle for the boat tail, beginning at .25" from the base

*The text in the manual is as above - ie 1.33" long with no tolerance specified - while the drawing below shows 1.34" long with +0/-.04 tolerance, no idea why there is a difference. :confused: No bullet diameter is specified but I would assume it is the standard for 30-06 - ie Ø.308" with whatever the standard tolerance is?

0.30 cal Ball M1 data dwg.jpg
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back