B-17 Wing Chord Dimensional Drawings (ribs)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sutts

Airman
Jan 3, 2019
I'm working through the excellent B-17 engineering drawings hosted by the AirCorps Library. Currently checking out the extent of the wing drawings.
The detail is incredible but it seems we have everything we need except the profiles of the actual ribs!
I think this drawing is the key: Wing Rib Ordinates 9-3053
Unfortunately it isn't returned by the search.

Does anyone know if this drawing is included in the various digital DVD products that are out there or on the Smithsonian microfilm reels?
Seems a shame to be missing the key data that allows everything else to come together.

Thanks!

I'm working through the excellent B-17 engineering drawings hosted by the AirCorps Library. Currently checking out the extent of the wing drawings.
The detail is incredible but it seems we have everything we need except the profiles of the actual ribs!
I think this drawing is the key: Wing Rib Ordinates 9-3053
Unfortunately it isn't returned by the search.

Does anyone know if this drawing is included in the various digital DVD products that are out there or on the Smithsonian microfilm reels?
Seems a shame to be missing the key data that allows everything else to come together.

Thanks!

Airfoils are available from an Iowa college as a point file for 3d Drawings

None of the details that begin 9-xxxx seem to be a part of the AirCorps Library, at least not that I've found. At the moment I'm still not sure where this information is referenced from.

None of the details that begin 9-xxxx seem to be a part of the AirCorps Library, at least not that I've found. At the moment I'm still not sure where this information is referenced from.

Agreed, it appears that AirCorps Library have that roll missing. I've now bought one of the DVD sets and all the -9 drawings are included on that luckily.

This one:
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress Blueprints-Digital Download

You can get it on DVD too but I went for the digital download. 30GB compressed. 28,000+ drawings plus manuals.
Hopefully one of the manuals in the download is MF 01-B17-1, dated 25 August 1945 Revised 12 March 1946. This is the Index document for the rolls of microfilm that should be in the download. Originally it was T.O. 01-20E-114. There should be 26 rolls of microfilm - A-Z (omitting I and O), and AA-AM (the revisions). Attached is the first page.

Attachments

• b-17 index001.jpg
    b-17 index001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 220
Hopefully one of the manuals in the download is MF 01-B17-1, dated 25 August 1945 Revised 12 March 1946. This is the Index document for the rolls of microfilm that should be in the download. Originally it was T.O. 01-20E-114. There should be 26 rolls of microfilm - A-Z (omitting I and O), and AA-AM (the revisions). Attached is the first page.

Bingo - yes, that's the one it comes with and all the rolls are present. Whether everything in the index is there - not sure and it'll take some time to find out I should think.
Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back