b-17 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lanc,let off of it,youve said the lancaster is better so many times it getting annyoing,you havnt even been in one or anything,and u havnt even been in a 17,you would like them a whole lot better if you went in one,i went in a lanc and it was the worst interior in a plane i have ever seen or been in,it was so cramped and crapy i wanted to get out,i even had to duck down to walk through. I liked walking through a dc-3 more than a lancaster. I know that a lancaster could pack a way bigger punch but the 17 was a better plane

the lancaster kicks ass said:
oohhhhhhhhhhhhh, you are so gonna pay for that one golferproB, the lancaster was the greatest bomber of the war easily, 14,000lb bombload, good damage tollerance, manoverable in the hands of a good pilot and most importantly, it's British what were you thinkng :crazy:

lanc........he had some points!,if the lancaster bombed in the day it would have been slaughtered beond belife, best bomber of the war???i thinks thats a bit much,the b-17 wasnt either,each bomber has its highs and lows so i dont think there was a "best bomber",i think your just a bit high on your country ;)

good damage tolerance?,ya...no,the skin is so thin that if you shot it witha 22.cal it would go through both sides, ive seen a airframe of an lanc that has been shot by a 20mm cannon,the bullet ripped right through both sides and practically tore the skin apart

the lancaster kicks ass said:
What, the b-17 didn't? and run this by me again, when did the ussaf knock out the luftwaffe? here's me thinking it was us Brit's :fatalfridge:

The 17 had high losses as well but they bombed in the day,if the lancaster bombed in the day the losses compared to the 17 would prolly be around
8:1,you didnt know the americans put out the luftwaffe?? ;) :lol:

o ya i would defend those 2 over anything but the 17
i like the lanc lots but not as much as the 17 not even close

ok, i conceed, the B-17 did look good in coastal command colours, but that's the only time

17 may have looked nicer, but b-24 really made the diferance

To me the B-24 alway's looked like a Box with Wings :lol:

Hot Space

PB4Ys look better (its the Navy paint :lol: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back