B-24 / B-25 / PBJ (37 Viewers)

full.png
my-little-pony-mlp-other-Applejack-mane-6-1400943.jpeg



I realize, of course, that it's unfortunately Photoshop, but...
Надо подумтаь.png
 
What kind of B-25 is that? I want to try replicating those winding lines.
 
Надо подумтаь.png

Any ideas on what else to add? If we're going to improvise, let's go all out!
 
Last edited:
I might have missed some of the explanations before but here's my question about those liveries: are you showing everything possible in one 3D-model, so parts of it could be deleted or added later? I'm asking because no B-25 had a radar pod on the tip of the wing. Those were PBJ-1J, the nasalized variant. The white/red stripes on the rudders are also very early markings and were never used on a B-25J2 (strafer nose). There were some older B-25s modified as "fat cats" (delivery planes, hacks) in the MTO and SWPA with such markings but those were not battle planes anymore. Modern repaints of existing flying B-25 are not historically correct, if you are using some of them. B-25J with a strafer nose, invasion stripes and USAAF insignia is an imaginary plane. The "Mitchells" with invasion stripes were RAF-bombers. MTO-planes did not participate in the Normandy landings. Yes, there is at least one B-25 I know of, with those stripes and solid nose (not J2 though!): gen. Eisenhower's personal a/c - a highly modified unarmed transport, but everything there is different.
Eisenhower in front of B-25J.jpg

B-25 Eisenhower 1.jpg

Maybe one possible change is the size of the national insignia "type 4", which is shown incorrect for a late B-25J. The diameter of the disk should be 50" without border, the white bar is 25" long from the point of the star to the blue border. Center of star is 118" after the trailing edge of the wing. Insignia on wing is same size, center of star (top and bottom) is 130" from the outer edge of wing - check photos below.
060605-F-1234S-037.jpg


GIs3_489th.jpg

B-25-PICT1738_National archives.jpg

Cheers!
 
I might have missed some of the explanations before but here's my question about those liveries: are you showing everything possible in one 3D-model, so parts of it could be deleted or added later? I'm asking because no B-25 had a radar pod on the tip of the wing. Those were PBJ-1J, the nasalized variant. The white/red stripes on the rudders are also very early markings and were never used on a B-25J2 (strafer nose). There were some older B-25s modified as "fat cats" (delivery planes, hacks) in the MTO and SWPA with such markings but those were not battle planes anymore. Modern repaints of existing flying B-25 are not historically correct, if you are using some of them. B-25J with a strafer nose, invasion stripes and USAAF insignia is an imaginary plane. The "Mitchells" with invasion stripes were RAF-bombers. MTO-planes did not participate in the Normandy landings. Yes, there is at least one B-25 I know of, with those stripes and solid nose (not J2 though!): gen. Eisenhower's personal a/c - a highly modified unarmed transport, but everything there is different.
View attachment 898678

Maybe one possible change is the size of the national insignia "type 4", which is shown incorrect for a late B-25J. The diameter of the disk should be 50" without border, the white bar is 25" long from the point of the star to the blue border. Center of star is 118" after the trailing edge of the wing. Insignia on wing is same size, center of star (top and bottom) is 130" from the outer edge of wing - check photos below.




Cheers!
First.This is the PBJ model, not the B-25. Second. I know about the information regarding "Polos Invasion."
Third. This livery is completely fictional; I was just improvising.
 
Oh right, I made another "pony" PBJ—this time with Rainbow Dash.






1791573453436.png

 
I thought I'd enjoy this—after all, creating 18 historical paint schemes for American piston-engine aircraft was starting to feel a bit tedious... But the "Pony" liveries were fleeting; at first, I found them amusing, but now I feel nothing for them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back