b-24 bomber net results

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

katelyn_mom

Recruit
Nov 30, 2008
Evening all, I'm looking for a rare bird. I've searched many sites and I can't find a pic of "Net Results". Story goes like this: It was a plane my boyfriends g-pa flew in. I think it was stationed out of TX and I'm pretty sure she was a B-24 liberator or Mitchell (not quite sure). I know they made a tribute plane of Net Results in a B-52. I'd like to find a pic so I can possibly have a model painted for a gift. Can anybody help me?

Evening all, I'm looking for a rare bird. I've searched many sites and I can't find a pic of "Net Results". Story goes like this: It was a plane my boyfriends g-pa flew in. I think it was stationed out of TX and I'm pretty sure she was a B-24 liberator or Mitchell (not quite sure). I know they made a tribute plane of Net Results in a B-52. I'd like to find a pic so I can possibly have a model painted for a gift. Can anybody help me?

From another site's data base, there were two "Net Results" that were B-24s. Both flew in the Pacific. Maybe these will help.

NET RESULTS (V1)

NET RESULTS (V2) (PIC 1)

NET RESULTS (V2) (PIC 2)

NET RESULTS (V2) (PIC 3)

I received a photo today approx Nov 1945 from Okinawa of a WW II plane "Net Results". My father in law was stationed there and sent a photo home of Net Results and "The Dragon and it's Tail". If you will email me at [email protected] I will be very happy to email these photos. Among the photos he also took a photo in Nov 1945 of Ernie Pyle's grave on Okinawa. I looked online and only saw a photo of the memorial that was later erected. I have a dozen photos from Okinawa, but these 3 are priceless. I registered today so that you could obtain these photos.

An old decal sheet for the same bird -

whitedog_b-24-1_netresults-lg.jpg

The Inspiration I presume -

elvgren$net-results1941.jpg

from this site - Gil Elvgren's Pin-ups

Binged it.

Nice info from Flyboy though.

David.

Attachments

• IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 8
I have another picture of another Net Results taken in the So Pacific, near or on Leyte Island in late 1944. From a picture my father had. He flew B-24s in the Pacific Theatre in 1944/1945 - was a co-pilot by the last name of Olofson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back