B-26 Dimensions & Diagrams (Outdated) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's the cost numbers that Ester gave me back in November. They may have some adjustment as time goes on, you would have to check with her.

We essentially do package deals for microfilm.
$150 per roll = digitizing only (each slide is it's own numerically sequenced JPEG)
$205 per roll = digitizing + renaming (each slide is renamed to it's part number, etc.)

Here's the cost numbers that Ester gave me back in November. They may have some adjustment as time goes on, you would have to check with her.

We essentially do package deals for microfilm.
$150 per roll = digitizing only (each slide is it's own numerically sequenced JPEG)
$205 per roll = digitizing + renaming (each slide is renamed to it's part number, etc.)
Thanks for the offer, but I'm currently getting university credit for doing the scanning myself, it's counting as an extra class this semester. I also don't mind the process, it's just a bit time-consuming. Put on a podcast or an audiobook in the background and it goes by fast enough. I would be up for discussing the fate of these rolls or scans once I'm done, as I am a big fan of the Air Corps Library. That would have to be worked out with the Smithsonian as well though as they are who I bought the rolls from.

For now there don't seem to be many limitations with my scanning. I was worried about some frames turning out a bit blurry, but with the help of university staff and their very high resolution scanner I've found that the issue is with the film itself. I don't know whether these are issues with the original film in the Smithsonian or just on the copies I purchased. Fortunately, most of these are duplicated in other rolls. My main concern has been making sure the writing is legible, as the numbers are the most crucial part of these drawings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back