Battle of Britain Then and Now - Completely updated edition (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Announcement today from the 'After The Battle' imprint of Pen & Sword:
BobT&N update 01.jpg

The original edition is now way out of date. And the original is 816 pages, so the updated edition will be close to 900 pages, as a rough estimate. This new figure factors in new additions like the Capel-Le Ferne monument, which didn't exist in 1980; a complete re-write of the VC section; 40+years of updates on every airfield; updates on the archaeology, including new digs such as the Rubensdörffer site. Just so much new stuff that was gone over in minute detail in meetings that have been held. But we had to say nothing pending the full completion of the contracts. This completed updated edition is in 4 volumes, as the announcement says. Also, the publication of each edition will be staggered so that it is more 'customer-friendly' on the pocket. To publish a single volume with today's publishing costs would mean something north of £150, which is simply not feasible. With me being heavily involved, I can now say that it has been 12 months in the planning even to reach this stage of the announcement today.

Last edited:
I have the original on loan from a friend, it's a doorstep of a thing for sure. This is interesting news.

The original edition is now way out of date. And the original is 816 pages, so the updated edition will be close to 900 pages, as a rough estimate. This new figure factors in new additions like the Capel-Le Ferne monument, which didn't exist in 1980; a complete re-write of the VC section; 40+years of updates on every airfield; updates on the archaeology, including new digs such as the Rubensdörffer site. Just so much new stuff that was gone over in minute detail in meetings that have been held. But we had to say nothing pending the full completion of the contracts. This completed updated edition is in 4 volumes, as the announcement says. Also, the publication of each edition will be staggered so that it is more 'customer-friendly' on the pocket. To publish a single volume with today's publishing costs would mean something north of £150, which is simply not feasible. With me being heavily involved, I can now say that it has been 12 months in the planning even to reach this stage of the announcement today.
Excellent news. Look forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back