"Berlin 1945" on Amazon Video

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bdefen

Senior Airman
Nov 26, 2019
Boise, Idaho USA
I just finished watching a three-episode series titled Berlin 1945 on Amazon Video. It's relatively new, with a 2020 production date. I hope more episodes are produced.

Subject matter is the goings-on in Berlin in 1945. Day to day life in the city at the start of 1945, the battle for the city and subsequent occupation and reorganization by the Russians; and the somewhat contentious dividing of the city into the Allied zones. (The start of the Cold War) The refugees and those returning from imprisonment, the disastrous damage, the hardships, the shortages, and slow progress toward some kind of normalcy. Very poignant and heart-rending at times.

For someone like myself who has watched countless hours of WW2 images for decades (many the same over and over), there is much here in the way of new or just released footage.

Much archival film footage in color and B/W, much of it apparently Russian-sourced. Much of the narration is from voice-portrayals of various persons of all types as they tell of their experiences at the time.

Highly recommended. Please chime in with any commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back