best 1/72 OS2U Kingfisher Kit?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ptraney

Airman
Oct 4, 2015
Hi, I am looking to build one of these. What is the best kit for 1/72? Thanks!

Last edited:
There isn't a great choice as memo serves . The old Monogram reboxed by Hasegawa and Revell 1/48 kit or 1/32 one of the Kitty Hawk. I would recommend the Kitty Hawk kit.

There isn't a great choice as memo serves . The old Monogram reboxed by Hasegawa and Revell 1/48 kit or 1/32 one of the Kitty Hawk. I would recommend the Kitty Hawk kit.
yes I have had both of those but now my collection is mostly 1/72 thanks

You didn't mention that scale. If 1/72 ... I would suggest these of the AZmodel. They offer a couple of the plane variants including the wheeled one. The old Airfix kit requires some more of work. There was also a kit offered by Octopus ( actually Pavla model ) , IIRC. But I haven't seen that and can't say more about it. Below two links to its review.

AZ7624.jpg

AZ7635.jpg

AZ7636.jpg

AZ7672.jpg

a kit going to be released in 2001
AZ7673.jpg

octopus.jpg

You didn't mention that scale. If 1/72 ... I would suggest these of the AZmodel. They offer a couple of the plane variants including the wheeled one. The old Airfix kit requires some more of work. There was also a kit offered by Octopus ( actually Pavla model ) , IIRC. But I haven't seen that and can't say more about it. Below two links to its review.

View attachment 632509
View attachment 632510
View attachment 632516
View attachment 632512

a kit going to be released in 2001
View attachment 632513

View attachment 632517
Thanks so much!

The AZ is a reworked Pavla (Octopus) kit. Pavla got out of producing full kits, they still do many accessories. AZ brought the masters off them, and made new moulds. So no need to hunt down a Pavla kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back