Best/definitive book about Spitfire (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tomo pauk

Creator of Interesting Threads
Apr 3, 2008
(sorry to post a book thread in this sub forum - guess better feedback is to be expected)

What would the fellow forumers reccomend?

Followed by 'The Spitfire Story' by Dr. Alfred Price and, if you can find it, the 1960s Harleyford book 'Spitfire - Story of a Famous Fighter', I think by Bruce Roberstson (sorry,lost my copy after lending it out, so not sure on author.)
The Morgan/Shacklady book is the 'Bible' as far as technical detail, production etc is concerned, and is excellent, whilst the other two are more 'readable', if that makes sense?!

Makes sense :)
Thanks for the info.

Anyone interested in the Spitfire should have a copy of this the Spitfire owners workshop manual Haynes Spitfire manual

If I ever get to own a Spitfire:) it will be my service manual till that day its a good read

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If your specific interest is the Mk.IX/XVI, "Spitfire IX XVI Engineered," by Paul Monforton, is worth having. Although concentrating on preserved/rebuilt airframes, so containing minor discrepancies, it (literally) is the "rivet-counter's" dream.
Edgar

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back