Best Israeli fighter?

Best Israeli Fighter?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry I left the Spitfire off, that was a mistake. So interesting to see Spitfires and -109's fighting side by side against other Spitfires.

If the Israelis end up with the F-35 it's, well, it can't really be "game over" for the Arab nations more than it already is.

I'm surprised the Phantom hasn't received any votes. It was the premier fighter/interceptor when they acquired it which must have been a huge confidence booster. There was also that one encounter between something like 21 MiG-21's and two Phantoms. 6 or 7 MiGs were killed for no loss.

The official IAF website has absolutely amazing information, including day-to-day logbooks of flights and encounters. Give it a look. Israeli Air Force Website

I might have chosen the spitfire, if nothing else for the sheer irony of the cercumstanses of its usage. Also maby the Dassault Ouragan, Mystère, and Super Mystère should have been listed as they were all quite capable craft and probably better matched trans-sonic(and low supersonic) fighters like the Mig 17, 19, and the Hwker Hunter, as the mirage had some trouble with them when trying to sustain attack as the Hunter could drop speed to below the Mirage III's sustainable flight speed. Though the mirage was still an excelent interceptor, it did require a bit more concentration to fully utilize its speed advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back