Best Japanese Army Aircraft

Best Japanese Army Fighter vs. P-40 and P-51

• Nakajima Ki-27 Nate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitsubishi J2M Jack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dead tie for me between the ki-100 and the george. george has 4 x 20mm cannon standard, and can duel easily with the hellcat, the main us navy fighter. ki-100 was an easy solution for tons of radial engines and tons of ki-61s with no inlines to put in them, but it was pretty capable in good hands
on a sidenote, dont doubt the J2M. might have been troublesome with its complex engine in the jungles, but then again, which aircraft didnt have jungle problems?

dead tie for me between the ki-100 and the george. george has 4 x 20mm cannon standard, and can duel easily with the hellcat, the main us navy fighter. ki-100 was an easy solution for tons of radial engines and tons of ki-61s with no inlines to put in them, but it was pretty capable in good hands
on a sidenote, dont doubt the J2M. might have been troublesome with its complex engine in the jungles, but then again, which aircraft didnt have jungle problems?
I have to agree tied up with these as well,reliability problems were a huge factor though. The jungle was a hard place to maintain complex equipment of any type

Not much of an issue by 1945. Most late production Japanese aircraft were operating from the home islands.

Meanwhile in a far away corner of China IJA ground crew place a bit more duct tape on Ki-27s and hope they will hold together for another sortie.

Haha true. But i hear so little about the combat history of the J2M, so for me it's difficult to select the ki-100 because i know next to nothing about the career of the J2M, aside from maintenance and unit movements. did J2Ms ever combat p-51s frequently enough to get an idea for the decision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back