Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arado Ar-234 'Blitz'

• Heinkel He-280

• Gloster Meteor

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The development of the turbine section of early axial flow turbine engines were the challenge because of the high heat the turbine section would be subjected to, finding the right materials so the turbine would have some type of durability, and last development and lubrication of bearings in both turbine and compressor sections that could stand the high heat and function at 20,000 rpm.

I thought I also read somewhere that the designers of this engine knew they could of use a turbine section to drive the compressor but went with this concept as a "quick solution" based on the challanges just posted.

Well to be honest, and im not being biased here, they did make some great aircraft prior to the war. They did so during to war too, they just didnt have a powerful engine to put in anything until the Germans came to the rescue.

cheddar cheese said:
Well to be honest, and im not being biased here, they did make some great aircraft prior to the war. They did so during to war too, they just didnt have a powerful engine to put in anything until the Germans came to the rescue.

Agree! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back