Bf109 Plane Color Austria

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rabid Rabbit

Recruit
Mar 13, 2017
Hello. I am trying to find out what the most consistent paint colors were for the Bf109s defending Weiner Nusdadt in 1944? Anyone help with this?

Okay! That's what I thought. I know that was the camo scheme for Ploesti, but then some old photos looked like there was yellow on some, much like the 109s in France earlier I. The war. Then, I found some info that it also depends on where pilots transferred from.

Best if you could narrow down what unit you are asking about as there were several that covered this area.
I understand. I will have to do some research. I am assembling a model in correlation to my grandfather's stories about his missions over Ploesti, Weiner Neustadt and other locations in Italy and Germany. He was 15AAF, 99thBG and 416BS, but not sure what German squadrons defended these areas. He had encounters with 109s, 190s and 262s.

Me 410's also were used in this area. Do you have his log book? It would be possible to match operations of particular LW units based on known dates.

Me 410's also were used in this area. Do you have his log book? It would be possible to match operations of particular LW units based on known dates.
Unfortunately I do not. I have his mission lists with crew, plane/s, target/s and date/s. However I do have a copy of the book "The Diamond Backs" and will see if it has anything about LW units.

attack dates:

wiener.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back