Bf110 Parts Identification.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mark B

Recruit
Nov 22, 2020
Evening all.
I am preparing some artefacts for display in the Museum I volunteer at and I know they're from a Messerschmitt Bf110, but I'm not absolutely sure what they are. If someone has access to a parts catalogue or drawings perhaps they could help with the identification? Please see attached photos for details.
Many thanks, Mark.
I believe the first is a landing flap with attached emergency air valve?
The second and third are of what I think may be part of a gun mount?
The last I believe is the threaded bracket for an engine cowling quick release catch. I have one from a Fw 190 which screws straight in! Perhaps the number identifies which engine?

Attachments

• Hyd. Jack.JPG
    Hyd. Jack.JPG
    615.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Gun Mount 1.JPG
    Gun Mount 1.JPG
    271 KB · Views: 43
  • Gun Mount 2.JPG
    Gun Mount 2.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Engine Catch Bracket.JPG
    Engine Catch Bracket.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 39
Good evening Woodhaven,
Very many thanks for the excellent reference from the parts manual, exactly what I was after. Confirms my assumption of the Flap Jack but I was way off with the 'Gun Mount' part. I shall endeavour to get the labels and brackets completed this week and mount the items on the wall at the museum at the weekend. Will post some photographs of the completed display. Once again, very many thanks, regards, Mark.

Hydraulic system diagram
Good evening Woodhaven,
Many thanks for the Hydraulic system diagram. I see the aircraft only uses one Jack to operate both flaps, the same as the Ju88.
We actually have two Bf110 Flap Hydraulic Jacks the one in the photos has two cast-in stiffening ribs the other four so probably a later mod state?
All the best regards, Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back