BMW-801 Designer?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Roy Fedden, the great British engineer, visited various German aircraft engine manufacturers shortly after the end of WW2. He wote a summary of his trip under the title "German Piston-Engine Progress"; this was published in the December 6, 1945 issue of Flight magazine - see
junkers | roy fedden | 1945 | 2393 | Flight Archive

He interviewed a Dr. Amman, who was described as "the engineer in charge of piston engine development" at BMW. There is also a picture of Dr. Amman with a mockup of the BMW 802.

Interestingly, Fedden seemed least impressed by the work at Daimler Benz.

Robert

Rocket Man, how's your uncle's book project on Ammann going? He wrote me an email about two years ago with questions about Ammann and the picture from our archives. Now that our BMW aero engines book is complete, I'd like to know. Did he get his "Spruchkammerakte" from the Hauptstaatsarchiv in Munich?
Krabat

Krabat42, sorry for the long delay! My computer crashed shortly after my last post in this thread. Also, my uncle passed away shortly thereafter. Thanks for your information!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back