Bolt ID help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

banny

Recruit
Dec 5, 2011
Hello chaps.
I was hoping that one of you might be able to help me ID a bolt.

It is attached to a larger piece of what appears to be Airframe with lots of different rivets, but I noticed some lettering on the top:
A S C O, although it could be in a different arrangement.

Would anyone be able to tell me if indeed these are from a WW2 plane?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1119.jpg
    IMG_1119.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for the help.
I can post some more photos after the weekend.
I found a fairly big chunk what looks like Aircraft up in the hills of Hong Kong.

Looks like I could be onto the start of a hunt.
Appreciate the help, Cheers

Righto,
After doing some research I have found documents referring to a F6F Hellcat which was shot down over Hong Kong, in roughly the right area, and is still listed as MIA.

I have added a couple of extra photos and a short youtube clip of the piece I found. It is really heavy and the majority is made from Steel, which I know is not very common due to it's weight. So, I am hoping that someone might be able to ID what exactly it is?
I suspect it must be a heavy load bearing part, such as part of the Wheel Struts or Landing Hook ect or possibly where the rear stabilizers attaches to the airframe....... but I really don't know.

Other possible options are: P-51 (which I doubt), B-24 or B-25.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction, I would be very appreciative.

Youtube Clip:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOrPbXvTPTg

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    610.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1113.jpg
    IMG_1113.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back