Bomber Comparison

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder if some Fs were upgraded with the later turret away from the factory. I read an article saying that there were around 400 mods done to the F but the turret wasn't mentioned

I am pretty sure at field modification centers like the one in Cheyenne WY a lot of armament changes were made. Some of the change orders came through too late to be incorporated into the assembly line so a lot were done that way. Also there were a boatload of changes made in the field as well. I would imagine if supply were not an issue then new turrets could be shipped to the field for replacement/upgrade. Don't know that specific change for a fact but I know a lot of other such changes were implemented after aircraft were in active service that way.

I wonder if some Fs were upgraded with the later turret away from the factory. I read an article saying that there were around 400 mods done to the F but the turret wasn't mentioned

Weren't the last series of Fs fitted with the chin turret as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back