Book "Japanese Aero-Engines 1910-1945"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tomo pauk

Creator of Interesting Threads
Apr 3, 2008
Need the advice - anyone has read the book? Comments, recomndations, worth buying?
link

Yeah buy it. It's a good book. Unless you learn to read Japanese, there is no better source out there.

Thanks for the tip.
BTW - any power vs. altitude graphs/tables, any note on superchargers?

Unfortunately no graphs in the book. Nor any thing in particular on supercharging.

Think of it like Lumsden's book on British piston engines. Except it covers both piston and jet engines and in a little more in depth. If your interested in Japanese piston engines it's a must have.

I think I will order the Japan book simply because I`ve nothing else on it ! Maybe we can come back and compare notes in a few weeks ?

Last edited:
Japan had nothing like the industry of Europe let alone the US. There is more in this book on Japanese engines than there is in any other book. The sad fact is much of the Japanese records were distroyed during the war and in any event Japanese is not the easiest language to learn. This book covers the subject better than any non Japanese work and probably better than many Japanese works. My copy only cost me $40 or so. A little pricey but it's an esoteric subject and the publisher needs to cover their cost.

I will admit that I was hoping for more but overall I found it to be a worthwhile purchase. If you don't that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back