Book Pictures Request (Update from last year!)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plane_canadian

Recruit
Jun 21, 2014
Hello, everyone!

About a year ago I came to you all with a very long list of photo requests for a book. Well, a year later and the project is nearing completion, and I have enough photographs to fulfill my contract. Yet, I am not satisfied yet, and am seeking permission to increase the number of pictures. There's still a few that could do with more photographs, and I hope you can help me.

The requirements are that the photos be, in general, at least 300dpi in quality and over a megabyte in size (which takes care of the requisite pixel width nicely). I do have a preference at this point for colour photographs, but in some cases black and white is all that exists.

I will of course give full credit for the picture, as well as a mention in the acknowledgements. Please let me know if there are any other conditions you need me to meet.

The aircraft I am looking for are:

1. COLOUR Shot of a Boeing P-26 Peashooter (Acquired)
2. Ikarus IK-2 (Yugoslavia)
3. Piaggio P.108, either in transport or bomber configuration
4. COLOUR shot of a Brewster Buffalo (Acquired)
5. Shot of a Dewoitine D.520
6. Grumman XF5F (If anyone has some art from 'Blackhawk' I can use without violating copyright, that would be fantastic.)
7. Vought Kingfisher (Acquired)
8. Colour shot of a (preferably flying) Westland Lysander (Acquired)

8 and a half: Flying Martin Mars (looking most of all for Hawaii Mars)

And, at number 9, what I'm terming my "White Whale": A high-res picture of the Polikarpov I-153DM, the one with ramjets installed.

Thank you to anybody who can help me, or those who have in the past!

Last edited:
Thank you, Airframes, but in the time since I've posted it, I've received photos of those two aircraft. (I'll edit them out of the original post if I can)

I would like to add, however, that I am now definitely in the market for a photo of the Martin Mars in the air, specifically of Hawaii Mars. Airborne shots for preference.

The fact that it's been recalled to serve in fighting fires as of right now has convinced me to add that beautiful flying boat to the book at the last minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back