C-45 Beechcraft ID data plate location needed

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MSMRCK

Recruit
Jun 19, 2007
We are looking for the for the exact location of a C-45 Beechcraft ID data plate. We cannot find it on the real plane...who knows where it is please ?

Thanks

Massimo

There is a website that is just for the B-18/C-45 that contains hundreds of manuals and other documents for that aircraft. Do a web search for that and they will be able to tell you as they operate several of those aircraft

There is a website that is just for the B-18/C-45 that contains hundreds of manuals and other documents for that aircraft. Do a web search for that and they will be able to tell you as they operate several of those aircraft

Can you suggest me te URL of this site? I made several web searches in these days but I did not find yet.

I better detail my question : we want to understand if the ID plate installed on the top center of the horizontal stabilizer of our C45 is the real ID plate of the whole aircraft since the horizontal stabilizer is detachable and it could not garantee for sure the airplane unique identification.

TIA

Massimo

We are looking for the for the exact location of a C-45 Beechcraft ID data plate. We cannot find it on the real plane...who knows where it is please ?

Thanks

Massimo
In event that you haven't been able to find the answer to your question, Manufacturer's data plate is found upper center of main cabin door, military date plate usually on cockpit bulkhead above pilot's right shoulder.

Can you suggest me te URL of this site? I made several web searches in these days but I did not find yet.

I better detail my question : we want to understand if the ID plate installed on the top center of the horizontal stabilizer of our C45 is the real ID plate of the whole aircraft since the horizontal stabilizer is detachable and it could not garantee for sure the airplane unique identification.

TIA

Massimo
Many part/part modification plates all over the aircraft, at least one on each major component. Been collecting for forty years, these are my observations.

Kalani is correct. On most types every major component has its own data plate and the serial is usually the line sequence number of the component so will often differ from the aircraft serial by a small number unless the part was originally built as a spare or was transferred off another aircraft because of damage or of company or unit convenience during a heavy maintenance visit.

Time Travel Air will be able to provide more information - and they have digital manuals for most of the aircraft components on their web site.

On many part modification plates you may find multiple a/c types listed. As an example, I have a part mod plate off a C-45G horizontal which has listed , AT-11, SNB-4, JRB-5 and finally C-45G. Components are often switched between a/c as needed.

The interchangeability cross reference manual covers the AT-7 srs, AT-10, AT-11, UC-45 srs & F-2 srs as a single type with 2 of the 3 tailplanes (186050A & P) interchangeable between all except the AT-10 which uses the 503510 so your tailplane plate could show any of those models.

The interchangeability cross reference manual covers the AT-7 srs, AT-10, AT-11, UC-45 srs & F-2 srs as a single type with 2 of the 3 tailplanes (186050A & P) interchangeable between all except the AT-10 which uses the 503510 so your tailplane plate could show any of those models.
Thanks for the info. I've a special place in my heart for the "Twin Beech", I learned to fly in a JRB-3 at Marine Corps Air Station, Kaneohe Bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back