Cheshire's KCoN

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ruud

Airman 1st Class
Apr 1, 2010
Does anyone know of a source for decals in 1/72 for his Lancaster? I've googled up/down/left/right and found nothing. Not much in the way of reference either. After reading Osprey's book on the Dambuster of WWII, i've been working on collecting what i'll need to build his aircraft.

TIA

The basic code letters can be obtained form a codes sheet, available via Hannant's, from Modeldecal. They are the Dull Red British WW2 Codes, available AKAIK, in 2 or 3 sizes, the ones you need being 48inch by 30 inch, in 172nd scale, set No.82.
Serial number decals should also be available. As for other markings, such as nose art, if any, then a look at the Lancaster decals at both Hannant's and Model Hobbies might turn up something.
Hope this helps.

Thanks AF. I am not sure if there is any nose art or not. I've never seen a picture of the full airplane. Most every picture that comes up on Google is the Corgi diecast.

I'll look for the standard code letters and serial numbers then.

No, you need the equivalent in Dull Red, if they are available. (You wouldn't be able to see black characters on a black background!)
Must admit, I couldn't find any a few months ago, for my 1/72nd scale Lancaster, and ended up making some on the PC. Problem is, the density of the red isn't very good when applied to black, but better than nothing.

That seems to be the one - it's the 8 inch serial letters and numerals you need for the serial numbers, and 48 inch code letters. The latter are also on the sheet I originally mentioned.

Alrighty then sheet 83 and 82 is what i'm going for.

Last edited:
TwoBobs has set 83 for $5.40 (free shipping in the USA). So got that one coming. Probably have to go to Hannants for set 82.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back