Compressor for airbrush

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi,
I'm considering to replace my 30 years old compressor with a new one and my goal is to find something small, not too expensive and with noise below 50 db
Searching the web I found some products form famous makers like Badger, Revell, Iwata etc and I saw that in the cost range I'm considering (< 200 USD), they all offer compressors without tank. (My old one has a tank but, besides being old, is a bit too noisy)
Is the tank absolutely necessary to get a good job? I mostly do 1:32 scale aeroplanes.
Any suggestion will be very much appreciated.
Many thanks
Alberto

My compressor is without the air tank. No problem with airbrushing because of that. So it is not too necessary.However if there is the tak a compressor can work shorther period of time.That's make its life longer. All of these new compressors are quite quaiet. And you shouldn't have any troubles with neighbours....:lol:

BTW Most of these new compressors are equipped with the moisture trap and air pressure regulator.The moisture trap is a kind of small tank what is enough for us.

Last edited:
Al49, I just bought a Iwata Ninja Jet. It listed for $200.00 and I had a 40% off coupon so I ended up paying $120.00 for it. So far I have had no problems with it and it is very quiet. It has no tank either. I run a Iwata Eclipse series airbrush with it.

Hi,
thanks to all.
At the end I purchased this product
Grex Airbrush - AC1810-B - 1/8 HP Portable Piston Compressor (220V)
It's very quite, small and light weight: exactly what I needed.
It has no tank, but it works well.
Additionally it has a pressure switch, probably a common feature today, that stop pumping when not necessary. In my 30years old one I had to switch it off and on all times.
It's also a bit more expensive then many other products found on e-bay but, in my opinion, is worth the money.
Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back