Look: I'm not "insisting" it has to be 1.4. I'm deriving that from multiple sources: The British RAE say it is 1.4. The German test in Chalais Meudon says 1.41. Extrapolating the power on Clmax at different g-loads from the RAE report, this points to 1.42.
You on the other hand, first say that the RAE measured 1.375 and the rounded it off to 1.4. But then when asked where this figure can be found in the RAE data, it turns out that it's actually a calculation made by you. And in this calculation you write that it is based on "CIAS", by which I assumed you mean "calibrated" IAS? when in fact the "C" has been added by you with no evidence whatsoever. In fact, the report clearly states "Indicated airspeed Vi" and there is no C to be found.
I have worked in the aeronautical industry for years, and all measurement equipment we used was calibrated regularly, and any INDICATED measurement taken should be corrected against a table or figure to provide a CALIBRATED value. And if the value in Table 4 actually was calibrated, then they would probably not have written Vi and talked about indicated airspeeds, but calibrated airspeeds.
So in summary, there is a much simpler explanation to all this: And that is that the "Indicated airspeed Vi" in the RAE report is exactly what it says it is: Namely the IAS as INDICATED by the trailing pitot system, and that this INDICATED airspeed was compared to the INDICATED airspeed in the cockpit, and that the 95.5 mph figure is thus missing calibration, and that when this was added, the RAE arrived at the Clmax 1.4 printed in the report.
In fact, that the Bf 109 has a slightly higher Clmax than the Spitfire's 1.36 is also perfectly logical, given that the Spitfire's wing has wash-out, which the Bf 109's doesn't.
But we have had this type of argument before, and I'm sure this Occam's razor and the three different numbers all indicating a Clmax of around 1.4 will not be as appealing to you as your creative data extraction from the report. And it seems we will just have to agree to disagree yet again. And unless new compelling data on this subject emerges, I don't plan to post anything more on this.