Curtiss P40E/K, 7thFS 49 FG.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

M.A.

Recruit
Aug 20, 2014
hi all,
I'm modelling the "typhoon mcgoon" plane and while searching on the web I found two discording camouflage schemes.
The first is the plain olive drab and the second one is the brown/green scheme.
Which one was the real one? Any photographic evidence?
moreover, the two tones plane is shown with and without the white strip on the forward edge of the wings.
thx in advance.

Hi,
I'm reposting this thread as a previous one seems vanished.
What was the camouflage schemes of the P-40E or K (The short tail ones) that operated in australia /new guinea in 1942 with the 7th FS?
I'm asking because the main decal producers show two different schemes: plain olive drab or brown/green. Which one was the real one?
thx.
M.A.

Your previous thread hasn't disappeared but just was moved to the section that is more relevant for a such request. Both threads were merged now. Please check on the Alerts icon at the top bar. There should be the proper info. If not please check on the Inbox one next to the Alerts there. The next indicator that your thread is still here is the Post Counter below your avatar. It still was "1" and now is showing "2"

Hi,
I'm reposting this thread as a previous one seems vanished.
What was the camouflage schemes of the P-40E or K (The short tail ones) that operated in australia /new guinea in 1942 with the 7th FS?
I'm asking because the main decal producers show two different schemes: plain olive drab or brown/green. Which one was the real one?
thx.
M.A.
The photo of this plane in the SDASM
7th FS P-40K 16_Typhoon_McGoon.jpg
collection shows an OD/NG P-40K, nose/tail number No. 16.

Do you have doubts now? I cannot find any basis for the markings shown by the decal company and as on many models. The white empennage and leading wing edge appears to have been used at a later date. And nothing indicates Dark Green and Dark Earth.
Regards
Steven Eisenman

Attachments

• Typhoon_McGoon.jpg
    Typhoon_McGoon.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
thx to all of you,
It's exactly what I was looking for. I will stop the "typhoon mcgoon"project mainly because it's a K with dorsal fin and I'm building the Hasegawa E.
Moreover there are still too many obscure features about her camouflage/white markings.
best regards.
M.A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back