Curtiss-Wright CW-32 transport concept

OldGeezer

Senior Airman
349
856
Joined
Dec 11, 2020
I know that the Curtiss-Wright CW-32 transport is illustrated in the Mock-Ups section, but I stumbled across these drawings and thought I'd post them. If they've already been shared, and I just didn't find them, apologies. But it's always interesting to see what the immediate post-WW2 aviation marketplace was expected to be, as opposed to what it turned out to be. And the lift-up "nutcracker" aft fuselage is definitely unusual enough to make this design notable.
 

Attachments

  • Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 61
  • Slide6.JPG
    Slide6.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 64
Some photos of the mock-up being used to demonstrate typical loadings.
 

Attachments

  • Slide7.JPG
    Slide7.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Slide8.JPG
    Slide8.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Slide9.JPG
    Slide9.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Slide10.JPG
    Slide10.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Slide11.JPG
    Slide11.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Curtiss Wright CW-32 drawings.jpg
    Curtiss Wright CW-32 drawings.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Slide13.JPG
    Slide13.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 45
Great pics!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back