Dioramas

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

AVRoe

Airman 1st Class
Nov 27, 2007
Herrsching,near München
I´m just starting my second 1/35 diorama the first one was OK, i want to better this time. North Africa 1942 desert rats. Can anyone tell me how to make the sand realistic,normal sand is out of scale. Any other advise ? Thanks. PS how do you get skin to look realistic.

Its been along time but the last time I did a desert scene I used plaster-of-paris or simething similar, and took a sponge or brush and just tapped around until I got the right texture. Then did the tire tracks, footprints, etc. This was before it dried.

Its been along time and can't remember exactly what I used but I'm pretty sure it was the plaster.

This looks like it'll be cool. On mine (Ostfront, 1943ish), I put some troops, but I found that 1/35th scale guys are too small to get their faces really good, so I just painted them flesh.

Baking soda makes nice sand, spray it with a water based sand colour. It soaks right in and looks very convincing. Not that I do any dioramas but I was into HO railroads at one time and built a couple of layouts.

:) Thanks Guys, my first is also the Eastern front,bought a Flak 88,it looked lonely so i added a halftrack a panzer. Then decided to do a diorama. Njaco im doing the base as you said, you can alter it simply. Good idea The wed site is TOP.Not all British soliders were white. I`ll try baking soda but normaly i use one pack Acrilic.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back