Duxford and Spitfires (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I see the September Show at Duxford will be trying to break the record for the number of spitfires in the air at once which led me to thinking how many Spitfires will be airworthy come September? This is what i can remember but no doubt there are a few wholes that need filling..........

AR213 - Mk1 - Private
P7350 - II - BBMF
AR501 - V - Shuttleworth
MK356 - V - BBMF
PT462 -T.IX - Anthony Hodgson
ML407 - T.IX - Grace Spitfire
MJ627 - T.IX - Bayliss Spitfire (east midlands?)
161 - T.IX - Irish thing at Duxford
PL963 - XI - Peter Teichman
PS915? - XIX - BBMF

There where 11 spitfires at either flying legends or the September 10th airshow.

Theres a Seafire that has just had its first ground runs, registration and owner escapes me now.
Theres more than likely a few to emerge from arco in that time.

And we cant forget ml434.

Yes, and then there are the replicas or are we talking about genuine Spitfires/Seafires? Not sure what the rules are regarding the home-built replicas of the Spitfire...

Wasn't the world record set sometime in the 40's ?

Okay, I just thought that there might be a few out there since there were companies involved in creating them...

Okay, I just thought that there might be a few out there since there were companies involved in creating them...
They are far and few - when one of these 100% size replicas fly at Duxford, we'll all know for sure.

Actually I like the concept of an all composite Spit - it will be interesting if the thing is ever finished and flying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back